Sunday, March 18, 2007

Can I?

Can I run from all of my yesterdays

that eat away my inner being

Can I hide from all of my yesterdays

where no hurt will I be feeling

Can I make the pain of my yesterdays

vanish sooner then tomorrow

Can I take the memory of my yesterdays

thrown deep for the earth to swollow

Can I take the darkness from my yesterdays

along with the hurt and feeling of not being loved

Can I let myself forget my yesterdays

open my soul to let the hurt fly out above

Can I live all of my tomorrows

knowing what I really want to be

Can I see all of my tomorrows

with feeling I am now free

Can I make all of my tomorrows

free to live with no more pain

Can I be in my tomorrows

never going back to yesterdays again?

Written by: Cindy L Sawn    March 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
Thank you for the invite. I look forward to reading your poems. You're such a talented person. I don't know where you find the time. Keep your fingers crossed, I think my computer is working for a bit now so hope to get to the other journals soon. Hope all has been well.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! You have a true gift my friend.
XOXO lj